H&R 1871 Owners is looking for moderators...

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:48 pm
We here at H&R 1871 Owners are beginning to look for subforum moderators. If you are interested please pm me and we can go from there. Each moderator can be assigned to up to 4 sub-forums. Below is a list of our expectations and responsibilities.

Following is a brief rundown of what is generally expected of a moderator here at http://www.hr1871owners.com

A moderator should be knowledgeable and practiced within the realm that they moderate. Which simply means... in order to assist members, you need to be familiar with that form in order to give ideas and suggestions.

A moderator should also work to keep the site running smoothly... enforcing the Board Rules of Conduct, solving problems, and answering any questions that members may have regarding the site, it's policies, and procedures.

A moderator should work to promote interest and participation within their forum... this can be with challenges, exercises, or anything else that would increase the creative response of members.

A moderator should promote the site and help in the recruitment of new members.

Above all, since this is a volunteer gig, a moderator should enjoy helping people. Having fun and enjoying what you do is a requirement.

We strive to make this a productive, pleasant, and stimulating atmosphere--and we hope that you will add to that spirit.

Staff Powers and Responsibilities

A. Powers

A moderator, super-moderator, or administrator is allowed to use the powers allowed in their account to the full extent necessary. Using your powers in ways detrimental to the board, unfairly harmful to a member, or breaking the rules while using your power is an abuse of power. Being able to see Invisible members online or the ability to ban people within reason is NOT abuse of power. Banning for no reason or for personal conflicts can be abuse of power. If a staff member is found to be abusing power, they will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

B. Confidential Information

Information and discussion posted in private staff discussion forums is to REMAIN confidential. It is posted in private staff areas for a reason. Staff is NOT having parties or gossiping about other members behind the members' backs. They discuss such things as board issues and what to do about policies. Any staff member found to be leaking information will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

C. Responsibilities

If you are on the staff, you are expected to do your part. If there is an issue in your section of the board, please deal with it. If assistance is needed, notify another staff member and ask for help. If you are not willing to do your job, there is no reason for you to be on staff.

If it sounds like you will be a great addition to our team, Once you get to a required 50 post count, we can set you up with a moderator role if all goes well.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm
i need to make a few more posts. but i'll do the off topic sections.
Former Admin
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:16 pm
Sounds great!
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 pm
thanx dan.
Former Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 am
Dan, if there's ever a need for moderating the Ammunition sub-forum I am a bullet caster and reload handgun (ten calibers), rifle (four calibers) and shotgun (12- and 20-ga). I'd be glad to do it.
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 pm
I will add you to that section right now!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:00 am
I appreciate your confidence, Doc. Now let's get to building!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 pm
No worries! This site has been on the back burner for a while now but starting in February there will be a ton of new information being posted!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 am
I think we would need to see you post more than once. Also, what are your "qualifications"?
Former Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm
Yea...me thinks a few dozen posts would give us an idea...

Return to General