"AR" Photo Thread

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm
Post up those AR-15s, AR-10s, and any other semi-auto rifles...

Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER on Sun May 22, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, your firearm is like your nose. No one else should pick it for you".
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:11 pm
Here's my first AR, a .223/5.56 Bushmaster Varminter with 24" Fluted DCM Competition Barrel. It was a tack driver right out of the box. I recently added a new Magpul PRS buttstock with an Accushot Monopod. It's an incredible combo that sets up a perfect three point shooting base...

The PRS is as solid as they come and has easy turn turrets for adjusting the LOP and cheek weld for a customizable fit.

The Accushot is the most amazing shooting tool I've ever used. I have one on each of my target rifles. The range of adjustment is amazing and the ability to make fine adjustments on target is unrivaled. Depress the quick adjust button for macro adjustments or simply twist the monopod around its threads to raise or lower your crosshairs by a fraction of a milimeter. You never have to take your eyes off the target as you fine tune your elevation.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm
Picked up an FN Ps90 a few years back.

You hear all kinds of debate about the 5.7x28mm caliber ranging from comparisons to a mini .223 to others saying it's nothing more than a glorified .22 mag. I shoot the ss197 rounds and in my experience, it's an incredibly low recoil, speedy little booger that's just as consistent at 100yds as my other .223 ARs. Tons of fun at the range and the 50 round mags mean lots of shootn time without having to reload...

I added the quad-rail forend, vented barrel shroud, folding foregrip, mag coupler, brass catcher, ITAC-TFL2 (120 lumens), and Eotech 512.
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm
Recently picked up an FN SCAR 16s...

This is a truly AMAZING rifle with incredible balance. FN builds great products and the SCAR has to be one of their finest creations. I set-up a co-witness with my Eotech 512 and a Sightmark magnifier on a FTS mount. At distance, my eyes need all the help I can get...

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:15 pm
Completed my Spike's Tactical build last week. Built it up from a stripped Spikes Tactical lower, ST Enhanced LPK, a Magpul CTR and AFG2. Added a an Eotech EXPS2-0 and a flip-down rear Troy Battlesight.

ST 16" 5.56 M4 LE Carbine w/ 7" BAR Rail

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm
Bad Ass!! My husband loves his AR15...and I have to admit, that I love it too...and keep trying to con him into giving to me ;)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 pm
Haha, thanks!

Once you start shooting these things it's hard not to become addicted. Keep on tryin, I'll bet you'll end up with your own before too long...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 pm
Most of my precision shooting is accomplished with an AR platform. The longest shot I've ever taken was at 200 yards...Range 14 @ Fort Dix, NJ.

My Olympic Arms CAR-97 PCR ( Politically Correct Rifle ) was bought during the Federal Assault Weapon Ban ( 1994-2004 ), and was noteably absent a bayonet lug and had a pinned M4orgery stock. I have since added a functional 6 position M4 stock from the original manufacturer.

Features

chambered for 5.56 NATO
1:9 twist rate
16" 416 Black Oxide Stainless Steel heavy barrel w/muzzle break
A2 forged upper/lower receiver
Pachmayr grips
(shown w/ red dot sight)

200 yards...using Hornady 5.56 NATO 55gr GMX Superformance (HEAD)
200 yards...using Hornady .223 REM 55gr TAP FPD (CENTER MASS)

Iron sights...bench rested over Caldwell Bag...Winchester Spotting Scope 15-45X60mm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 pm
Finished my Pop's rifle build a couple weeks ago...

My Pop is a big fan of grizzly bears and is a bit of a big 'ol griz himself, so I comp'd up a personalized logo for the right side of the magwell on his rifle. It came out perfect!

His name is also lasered just below the logo, but I removed it from the photo.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:50 pm
Just finished my latest build...

Spikes Midlength 5.56

Here it is with the Spikes carbine...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm
Beautiful builds...each and every one SNIPER !!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm
Thank you Sir,

They sure are fun to build.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 pm
I took the Mrs. out shooting a few months back and she got a chance to get behind a couple of my 5.56 builds for the first time. She was hooked, and immediately asked me to build one of her own. We talked through the specs a bit and decided on a dedicated .22lr upper. Here she is all finished up...

...and here she is with my YHM .22 Mite suppressor and a UTG 3.9" ITA Red/Green Dot Sight on a QD cantilever mount...

She's sit'n on a Spike's Punisher lower with ST enhanced LPK, all color treated in 'flashy fucshia'. I'd never use a Punisher logo lower on any of my own builds, but I couldn't pass up the chance at adding a little comedic irony to a pink .22lr build. I used a 16" Chiappa M4-22 upper with a 1:16" twist and added a gen 2 Magpul MBUS. The upper to lower fit is excellent with no wiggle or movement at all. I'm very pleased so far. The buttstock is an RRA 'Entry' model which is essentially a shortened A2 unit on a carbine length buffer tube. It fits her like a glove! We're looking into having the handguard, stock, and mags hydro-dipped in black/pink camo. I'll post up some new pics when we get it done...
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm
POF 416 with 14.5" barrel
Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
Magpul AFG2, Rail Covers, BUIS, CTR Stock
BlackHawk XPHOSNT Light
Button Sling Ambi Setup
SWFA SS 1-6x HD
SWFA Switchview
LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT139
Geissele SDE Trigger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Awesome pics Doc !!

How does she shoot...?!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Like a dream! She is truly my favorite rifle at the moment.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 pm
I can see why !!

Return to Long Guns