Stoeger SxS HD!

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

Are double-barreled shotguns practical for home defense?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 pm
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/video/ ... e91fb0aadb

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firear ... efense.php

Get a load of Stoeger's Double Defense Shotgun, available in side-by-side or over-and-under options. Some traditionalist critics might argue that it's "hideous," and that a person's better off with the Stoeger Coach Gun—the Double Defense's shiny father instead of the SxS...

So..here's a question for you all.
Are double-barreled shotguns practical for home defense?

It's a mean-looking shotgun!
Former Admin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am
I own a Stoeger Uplander SXS with a 26" barrel.

If I cut it down to "coach gun" length...and put a few picatinny rails on it...well, I guess I would own one like in the ad...!!

To answer your question...Yea, it can be a viable self defense tool... but I myself would want more than two shots in any HD firearm.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:12 am
Wow shooter! Thats a beauty!
Former Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm
Thanks ripjack !!
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 pm
Maybe it's a function of my age (64), but the tactical stuff doesn't really float my boat.
Not that i'm saying there is anything wrong with it. If a person likes tactical that's OK, it's just not for me.
In shotguns I have single shots, double barrels, pumps and bolt actions. When I go out at night to put the chickens up, I carry a SXS, when I retire at night a 20 ga SXS is leaning in the corner of the bedroom. When I go for some quiet time in the woods, a single shot 20 ga and a single action revolver are my companions.
But if I was knowingly going to confront danger I would have a 12 ga pump loaded with OO buck in my hand.

However, I did vote YES a double barrel is adequate for defense, because it is.
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill
Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Return to Long Guns