Glock

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Join us for discussion on all things GLOCK. Let's see some pics too...
"Remember, your firearm is like your nose. No one else should pick it for you".
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:53 pm
G21

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:53 pm
G23

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 pm
G19

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 pm
G26

Administrator
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:07 pm
Glock g26
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:09 pm
Glock g36
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:36 pm
Very nice!

I love the 'Baby Glock'. The G26 is the best handling full caliber subcompact I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. I'm looking into the G36 as well and it will likely be my next Glock purchase. That or a G33.

My favorite will always be my G19 though. It was my first handgun and what I learned with. No matter how much practice I get with my other pistols, they never match up to my G19 on paper...
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:16 pm
I loved the g26 but the g36 was not as fun to shoot for me. It was one that would stovepipe if you limped wristed it. Not an issue if you know how to handle a pistol though.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:02 pm
Current edc is a Glock 30SF carried in a High Noon Split Decision leather holster...

Cartridge: .45ACP
Action: Short recoil, locked breech, tilting barrel

The striker firing mechanism has a spring-loaded firing pin that is cocked in two stages, powered by the firing pin spring. When the pistol is charged, the firing pin is in the half-cock position. As the trigger is pulled, the striker is then fully cocked. At the end of its travel, the trigger bar is tilted downward by the disconnector, releasing the striker to fire the cartridge. The disconnector resets the trigger bar so that the striker will be captured in half-cock at the end of the firing cycle. This is known as a pre-set trigger mechanism, referred to as the "Safe Action" trigger by the manufacturer. The disconnector ensures the pistol can only fire semi-automatically.

The hammer-forged barrel has a female type polygonal rifling with a right-hand twist. The stabilization of the round is not by conventional rifling, using lands and grooves, but rather through a polygonal profile consisting of a series of six interconnected non-circular segments. Each depressed segment within the interior of the barrel is the equivalent of a groove in a conventional barrel. Thus the interior of the barrel consists of six smooth arcs of steel rather than six sharply defined slots. The method by which Glock barrels are rifled is somewhat unusual; instead of using a traditional broaching machine to cut the rifling into the bore, the Glock process involves beating a slowly rotating mandrel through the bore to obtain the hexagonal shape. As a result, the barrel's thickness in the area of each groove is not compromised as with conventional square-cut barrels. This has the advantage of providing a better gas seal around the projectile as the bore has a slightly smaller diameter, which translates into more efficient use of the combustion gases trapped behind the bullet, slightly greater muzzle velocities, increased accuracy and ease of maintenance.

(...don't have a pic of my holster, but here's the link with pic / description:)

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product ... ision.html

Return to Handguns