Who has a Parner?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:16 pm
Looking forward to getting my pardner out this Saturday for some white tail hunting!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:21 pm
Looking forward to the pictures of the Pardner and whitetail on the ground...

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:43 am
I had a new 28ga Pardner delivered about 6 weeks ago. I was surprised that it included a cinnamon laminate stock set, heretofore reserved for current Ultras and the special production Topper Deluxe Classics for the NWTF in the past. It is a straight-top comb like the old NWTFs, and not a Monte Carlo as now used on the Ultra Deluxe (not a thumbhole either). It does result in an additional pound of weight over the advertised weight with beechwood stock (6-1/4 lb vs 5-1/4 lb), but I find that no detriment - I won't be carrying it in the field for more than three hours at a time, and the extra weight helps the felt recoil of heavy field loads. Dunno what is happening at H&R. The stock set profile looks very similar to the current solid and laminate, non-fluted Rem. 870 Express. I assume that Ilion stock plant is making both, and adapting the Rem. receiver connection for the smaller H&R frame - accounting for a bit more weight. Also, the stock is made up of 22 layers of some kind of wood with a good bit of resin between, and somewhere I read that Rem. claims that their laminates are resin-impregnated for weather resistance.

BULL
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 am
Here's mine:
I have had it for about 4 years now, and have probably only put about 50 or so shells through it. It knocks down clays pretty well. One at a time...lol.
USMC 83'-87', NRA Member, Indiana & Utah CCW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:13 am
Good looking shotty !!

Thanks for posting...

Return to Harrington & Richardson Pardner