My brand new Handi Rifle TALO Trapper .357 Mag Rifle (PICS)

Want to show off your H&R 1871? Here is the place to do it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:06 pm
Well, here it is.

It's a one-of-a-kind NIB rifle, I discovered.

This .357 TALO Trapper was shipped with hardwood stocks. But the LGS owner (whom I have bought guns from for 15 years) saw some potential for the H&R Handi-Grip shoulder stock and the synthetic Trapper forend. So he ordered the stock set for a .243 Lightweight Rifle and the swap was made before it went on the shelf with all OEM parts. Here's what it looks like:

It's a 5-1/2 pound .357 Magnum rifle, iron sighted but also drilled and tapped for a scope base, and cut short to 18.75". It has a very comfortable pistol grip stock, and I got the full wood stock set as a bonus

It has a very soft recoil pad, not that it's really needed. This rifle is recoil free except for really MAX loads with heavy boolits.

I shot some 158-gr LSWC .38-Spl +P that probably did over 1,000-fps (didn't want to drag out the chrono for just a few shots) and it was a quiet as a .22-LR with High-Velocity bullets. Hell, I may not even want a can for this little lightweight Handi-Rifle. I didn't wear hearing protection and it sounded like a .22 rifle but the thump on the other end is a pretty good smack.

I'm looking to load some 180-gr Hornady XTPs that'll be great deer medicine, and some 148-gr full wadcutter thutty-8s for rabbit and squirrel and plinking and teaching kids and killing racoon raiders and whatever else I can think of.

I'm pretty happy with the purchase. My bride and I stopped in to put it on lay-a-way but while I was distracted she just bought the thing outright so I could take it home. Thanks for looking!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:27 am
That is a beauty! I would have never thought of doing that swap but now you got the wheels turning for me! Thanks for sharing.

Return to Photo And Video Gallery